Southern Geophysical Expedition
South Geophysical Expedition was organized in 1957, consisting of three parties: the gravity, seismic and electric survey. The base of the expedition was the first city Kurgonteppa, then Vahdat. YUGFE worked closely with the Institute of Earth Physics (Moscow), VNIGNI (Moscow, Krasnodar), VNIGNI (St. Petersburg), the Institute of Seismology (Dushanbe). Here were Mastered - the technique of gravity in the mountains, the method of interpretation MTZ GMTZ for demanding southwestern Tajikistan and the method of common depth point (CDP). Created a combined gravitational field maps scale 1:200,000 for Tajikistan, southern Uzbekistan and northern Afghanistan in 1968 and 1990 after spending the new stratification of the Neogene sediments of anthropogenic southwestern Tajikistan and the Pamirs. Number of employees of the expedition is 58 people.